- State Contest -
Saturday, May 13, 2017
William Penn High School
Registration Now Open!
NHD is a nationally acclaimed, year-long history education program that challenges students in grades 6 through 12 to:
• engage in research and interpretation of historical topics related to a theme
• locate and utilize primary and secondary sources
• hone their critical thinking by analyzing and synthesizing information from a variety of texts and documents
• enhance their communication and presentation skills
A national evaluation of the National History Day program found that:
• NHD students outperform their non-NHD peers on standardized tests in all topic areas, including – reading, science and math, as well as social studies;
• NHD students are better writers, who write with a purpose and real voice, and marshal solid evidence to support their point of view; and
• NHD students learn 21st Century college- and career-ready skills, they learn to collaborate with team members, talk to experts, manage their time and persevere.
For more information about Key Findings please visit: https://www.nhd.org/why-nhd-works
Students choose a topic that relates to the annual theme, research that topic, and develop their research into scholarly projects in the form of dramatic performance, imaginative exhibit, multimedia documentary, research paper, or website.
For more information about implementing NHD in the Classroom please visit: https://www.nhd.org/teacher-resources
|NHD Rule Book||2017 NHD Theme Narrative||2017 NHD Sample Topics|
The Delaware Historical Society is proud to sponsor the National History Day program.
It is a privilege to support the contestants who work hard to represent Delaware on a national scale.
For more information about the National History Day program, please visit nhd.org.
For more information about how you can participate in NHD in Delaware, please contact:
NHD in DE State Coordinator: email@example.com | 302-295-2388